DiversityInc announced its annual Top 50 Companies for Diversity listings.
Mayo Clinic was named to two specialty lists this year â€” No. 4 on the Top Hospitals and Health Systems list, up from No. 7 in 2020, and a new entry onto the Top Companies for People with Disabilities list at No. 19.
DiversityIncâ€™s listing is considered the leading assessment of corporate diversity in the United States and globally.
â€œWe would like to take this opportunity to recognize and thank all Mayo Clinic staff for helping advance this hard work across the enterprise,â€� said Anjali Bhagra, M.D., medical director of the Office of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity. â€œThis is an acknowledgment of our collective efforts and progress.â€�
Mayo Clinic has long embraced diversity and inclusion. Mayo Clinicâ€™s diversity and inclusion priorities are reflected in six institutional goals:
- Provide high-quality, culturally appropriate care in a welcoming environment to all patients.
- Increase the diversity of Mayo Clinic patients.
- Improve inclusiveness and participation of diverse staff members at all levels of the organization.
- Increase the proportion of women and minority students, faculty, administrators and employees where underrepresented.
- Increase the proportion of women and minorities in senior leadership.
- Identify and eliminate health disparities; become a national leader in the science and promotion of health equity.