Mayo Clinic in Rochester and at its Health System sites continue to offer patients, visitors and staff additional convenient opportunities to be vaccinated for COVID-19. All domestic and international patients, visitors and staff who want to be vaccinated for COVID-19 have a couple of opportunities to do so at walk-in clinics this week:
Mayo Clinic Rochester
- Tuesday, May 18, from 2 to 7 p.m., in Mayo’s 41st Street Professional Building at 4115 West Frontage Road NW, street Level.
- Wednesday, May 19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in Phillips Hall, Siebens 1.
- Friday, May 21, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in Phillips Hall, Siebens 1.
Children age 12 and older are welcome to attend these walk-in clinics, but they need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester is planning for more walk-in clinics with more convenient dates and times for when children are out of school.
Walk-in hours this Thursday at Mayo Clinic Health System vaccination clinics
The vaccination clinics in Albert Lea, Austin, Owatonna and Red Wing will host special walk-in hours at their vaccination clinics Thursday, May 20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. No appointment required. Patients, non-patients, staff and visitors ages 12 years and older are welcome to attend. The Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be provided.
As a reminder, Mayo Clinic Health Systemâ€™s Southeast Minnesota sites include:
- Albert Lea: Health Reach campus, 1705 SE Broadway
- Austin: Austin Medical Center West, 101 14th St NW
- Owatonna: Southview Building, 134 Southview St
- Red Wing: Seminary Professional Building, 906 College Ave
All 3 COVID-19 vaccines to be available
Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines will be offered at these walk-in clinics. The Johnson & Johnson and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for adults 18 and older. The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for those 12 and older.
While the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine is given as one dose, the Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines are given in a two-dose series. The second dose for Moderna is given 28 days after the first, and the second dose for Pfizer is given 21 days after the first. If you receive either of these vaccines, you will need to schedule your second dose.
There are several ways to schedule your second dose:
- Schedule your second dose as you leave the walk-in clinic.
- Call 507-538-4040 to see if a second dose appointment can be scheduled at Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
- Call 507-434-9929 to schedule a second dose at the Mayo Clinic Health System site.
- Schedule your vaccination appointment using Patient Online Services.
Patients from other parts of Minnesota can check vaccine availability using the state vaccine locator website.
Patients or visitors who are traveling or are from out of state can check their state health department’s COVID-19 vaccine site for a location near them to schedule their second dose.
Mayo Clinic nurses administering these COVID-19 vaccines will explain side effects, risks and benefits.
Information in this post was accurate at the time of its posting. Due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, scientific understanding, along with guidelines and recommendations, may have changed since the original publication date.
Learn more about tracking COVID-19 and COVID-19 trends.