Beginning today, Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is loosening restrictions for patients during outpatient visits. The changes taking effect are:
- Multiple visitors can accompany patients.
- Visitors will no longer need to give a reason why they’re visiting Mayo Clinic.
- Screeners will still ask a couple of COVID-19 screening questions, but visitors will no longer receive a visitor sticker.
Essential safety measures for visitors
Safety remains Mayo Clinic’s primary focus. To protect the safety of staff, patients and visitors, Mayo Clinic in Rochester will continue to:
- Screen all visitors at the doors.
- Require visitors to be masked at all times and comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Provide education if a visitor is permitted for a patient who is positive for COVID-19. The care team will explain to the visitor the risks of contracting COVID-19 and educate the visitor on the required personal protective equipment precautions.
Information on visitor guidelines at all Mayo Clinic campuses can be found here.
Information in this post was accurate at the time of its posting. Due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, scientific understanding, along with guidelines and recommendations, may have changed since the original publication date.
Learn more about tracking COVID-19 and COVID-19 trends.